4.10.2010

long time, no write

Man, we have had a lot going on lately. I started a new job, Jeff went on a 4 day fishing trip, we've had date nights, dinner with friends, and making decisions and plans. Amidst all the business of 'normal' life, I've been a huge failure at remembering how blessed we are.

I was only jobless for 2 weeks. We didn't run out of money and didn't use hardly any of our savings. I have been writing a lot lately. I have spent some much needed time re-prioritizing and figuring out what I want and definitely what I DON'T want to do. I am married to a great man. He has a steady job. What a blessing to have a home and things and creative outlets and spouses. We are so grateful.

We have decided it's not time to move. Away, that is. Some doors were closed and others haven't yet opened. Other opportunities have presented themselves regarding my music and I am praying that God is opening a door for me to write/play/sing from here... at least for now. I found out that Daniel of Daniel Doss Band wants to do my song, Our God Will Come. It's sort of caused some frustration for me because I'm very territorial I guess. It's MY song. I wrote it. I meant it to be THIS way. Songwriting is my craft, my baby. I take it personally when someone wants to drastically change it. Daniel mentioned to my brother Kenny (he's their drummer) that he wanted to do the song but he had rewritten different verses for it. Initially it kind of made me panic because that's not exactly what I want to hear, but Kenny said he heard what Daniel had and wasn't a fan so I was ok after that. Anyway, so rewrote Our God Will Come... AGAIN. this is now version 4. I'm not doing it again! It is a good challenge though. Rewriting something over and over and still maintaining the original idea and purpose lyrically. There are only so many ways to say one thing. :)

Jeff & I are watching this show, Life. I think it's on Discovery but it's similar to the Earth series, but Life goes through different species of creature for each episode. Like the one we're watching is called Fish. It's freaking cool! Like the Japanese Mudfish. or the Sea Dragons. Super neat.

I had my first week with Olivia Warren last week. She is absolutely precious. I did learn that infant cries make me anxious. So hopefully next week she will be used to her bottle and will take it instead of being mad at me for trying to give it to her.

I need to start taking more photos. Jeff & I have been married almost a year and I've hardly taken any photos! I even bought a super cute scrapbook for our first year and haven't even started on it! My next post will be a photo post. Those are always fun. And I won't wait 2 weeks to do it either. :)

Isn't the weather AMAZING lately!? It kind of makes me want to sleep outside... even though I generally don't ever want to do that because of bugs and creepy things you can't see and only feel. blegh.... I'll take my bed thanks. I'll just crack the window.

Here's my list for this post- THINGS TO NEVER SKIMP ON JUST TO SAVE MONEY:

1. vanilla extract 


2. olive oil


3. hair product


4. bed linens 
(we spend a significant part of our days in bed and while this is a personal preference, nobody really wants to sleep in sheets that feel like tissue paper)


5. toilet paper 
(this is an exaggeration of what cheap toilet paper is like, but makes my point)


and for a bonus:
6.  computers! 
I'm a die hard Apple fan and while they are more expensive, 
you won't have to replace them every 2 years like you would a PC. Plus, Apple products are super streamline and so user-friendly. 



GOOD NIGHT!!!!

3 comments:

  1. ummmmm...only 1 of those pictures showed up...so i hope your pic post is more successful. also...love you! (typed on my pc ;D)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like you a lot - and your discerning taste.

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh sad! lame google search photos. love you lynnie.

    alyssa, i like you a lot too... and your discerning taste too. :)

    ReplyDelete