1.29.2010

after the busiest week ever...

this week has been so nuts. sunday i started my day at 5:30 am and sang 4 services at church. that alone can put me behind on my rest for a week. THEN... jessi james & i lead worship on tuesday night for the women's bible study at the village. that was neat. THEN... we lead worship again on thursday night for prestonwood baptist's women's bible study. and worked 40 hours. it was so nice to be the good kind of busy, the good kind of exhausted.  AND jeff & i are playing monday morning with john for a staff thing. yeee!!! i was doing something that i loved. that doesn't happen very often. i'm happy. :) i want to do that more often.

i have been listening to the radio lately, because i got this great case for my ipod and it doesn't fit in my car dock anymore. so, i've noticed a couple things (HERE COMES A LIST!!!!!):
   - lady gaga is annoying as hell.
   - taylor swift isn't that great of a singer, but is one hell of a songwriter for 16.
   - popular music these days is really shitty. all anyone sings about anymore is "da club" and
     things equally as brainless
   - i'm a music elitist.
jeff asked me the other day if it were up to me which of the two would i have permanently removed from popular music: lady gaga or 3 doors down. i chose 3 doors down. i mean, lady gaga is RIDICULOUS. 100% RIDICULOUS. she's doing nothing new, nothing that madonna or gwen stefani hasn't already actually pulled off. 3 doors down is a waste of some record company's time and money. horrible. horrible. besides, i kind of am ok with the song lady gaga does with beyonce. even though the only part i really like is the beyonce part. i want to be her when i grow up. :)

i've also been listening to old sermons lately. matt chandler is such a blessing to our church. he speaks from a screen most of the time, but i love how he teaches like he personally knows each and every one of us, like we're his family. even through a brain tumor, chemo, radiation, he leads our body with consistency, truth, and love. he truly leads and guides our family.

the irwin's are coming over for dinner & a movie tomorrow night. i'm attempting my very first slow-cooker pot roast. i know it's going to be amazing, i just have never done it in a crock-pot before. can't wait. yummmmmmmmmy!

tomorrow is saturday. which means my weekend is almost here! which means SLEEP!!! heelllloooo comfy bed.

i love you.

4 comments:

  1. I heart this post. And I whole-heartedly agree about Lady Gaga :) We can't wait to spend time with you guys tonight - I'm whipping up a pie!

    Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Goodness I am so glad you are singing so much. Ps. Lady Gaga scares me. Truly a frightful person. Then again, I am in no way a fan of 3 doors down... its a waste of soundwaves.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i just noticed a typo to remove any fear over my sanity. i said "jeff asked me the other day which of the two i would have permanently:" i meant PERMANENTLY REMOVED. i'm fixing it now. i'm gagging a little. i would never permanently have either of those. blegh...

    ReplyDelete
  4. hahaha. I love you. :) i'm really glad you have played so much this past week. you should.

    ReplyDelete