3.23.2010

In Christ Alone

In Christ Alone, my hope is found
He is my light, my strength, my song
This cornerstone, this solid ground
Firm through the fiercest drought and storm
What heights of love, what depths of peace
When fears are stilled, when strivings cease
My comforter, my all in all
Here in the love of Christ I stand...
- In Christ Alone, S. Townend & K. Getty

It's been a tough month or so. However challenging though, God's promises still remain. Christ truly is a solid ground beneath which my wobbly legs and unsteady feet can rest on. 

Romans 8:18-25
For I consider that the sufferings of this present time are not worth comparing with the glory that is to be revealed to us. For the creation waits with eager longing for the revealing of the sons of God. For the creation was subjected to futility, not willingly, but because of him who subjected it in hope that the creation itself will be set free from its bondage to corruption and obtain the freedom of the glory of the children of God. For we know that the whole creation has been groaning together in the pains of childbirth until now. And not only the creation, but we ourselves, who have the firstfruits of the Spirit, groan inwardly as we wait eagerly for adoption as sons, the redemption of our bodies. For in this hope we were saved. Now hope that is seen is not hope. For who hopes for what he sees? But if we hope for what we do not see, we wait for it with patience. 

I'm sorry I typed all of that out. I know most of you are so familiar with that passage. We're called to suffer with Christ. How else could we experience such incredible grace? What happens to me here- not working, car breaking, illness, fear, whatever- is NOTHING compared to the promise of eternal life, the promise of a Father to his children. 

Romans 8:26-31
Likewise the Spirit helps us in our weakness. For we do not know what to pray for as we ought, but the Spirit himself intercedes for us with groanings to deep for words. And he who searches hearts knows those who love God all things work together for good, for those who are called according to his purpose. For those whom he foreknew he also predestined to be conformed to the image of his Son, in order that he might be the firstborn among many brothers. And those whom he predestined he also called, and those whom he called he also justified, and those whom he justified he also glorified. What then shall we say to these things? If God is for us, who can be against us?

sigh.... such relief.
i talked to the warrens early last week and starting april 4 i'm going to be a baby nanny! i get to play with olivia part time so natalee can finish the school year. the Lord has been so good. there have been so many opportunities for me to work that have come up last minute and i am so grateful. it's been stressful a little but He has provided!

new google list:
IS......
1) lady gaga a man?
2) lady gaga a hermaphrodite?
3) the world going to end in 2012?
4) santa real?
5) khloe kardashian pregnant?

i think lady gaga sure looks mannish- besides her tiny little body. santa is not real and who cares if khloe kardashian is pregnant? sheesh...

jeff came home from work a couple weeks ago saying he did a google autocomplete search with "why is..." and the first thing that came up is "why is my poop green?" he laughed. i wanted to gag.

my aunt is getting married in november in cabo! my brother is graduating in nashville in may. i want to go to CA this summer for our anniversary... give me some money. :)

love you.

p.s. my bro got us a studio for when i'm there for $100 a day, which is usually the hourly rate for studios. get ready. buy my stuff on itunes when its done. ok? ok.

1 comment:

  1. I will do two things... I will go and steal baby Olivia... and I will most certainly buy your music on iTunes... not just steal it from J.Warren

    ReplyDelete