3.04.2010

overwhelmed

i'm sitting here at my table in my empty house, trying to write, and i came up with something (which of course is good and quite a regular thing again(!) ). i started playing trying to figure out what i was going to write lyrically with this pretty, simple melody.

i really wish blogspot would let you upload mp3s to your blog so you could here. i don't even know that you would understand.

but i was thinking about how God, creator of the universe, sees beauty in us. He looks at us and says, 'what a masterpiece' and smiles.

then it made me think of my husband, because i look at jeff and say 'wow, how perfect he is for me'. i look at him and see that God made a masterpiece, a hysterical, musical masterpiece. but not only that, he created him for me.

how overwhelming is it to know that our Creator, the creator of mountains, and oceans, and creatures that fly, and swim, and sunsets, and thunderstorms- he created a masterpiece in each of us! and how saddening is it that we never really see that about ourselves?

in my vows, i commented on the fact that God knew before i was created that i would be for jeff. i get that. i knew that for a long time. i guess i never felt the gravity of it?

you, friends, are a masterpiece created to be in my life and i am so grateful for that!
i love you.

2 comments:

  1. We love you too! That's a great reminder that we ALL need to hear. I'm so glad to hear that the Lord is encouraging you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the post, Jen. I'm glad you're writing. I'm also glad that you're getting sweet time with the Lord during your rest. I love you too, and I'm glad you are in my life! :)

    KNEEL TO INZINGA!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete