3.08.2010

wedding, wine, and another week

welp, we married off another one. lindsey & ben's wedding was yesterday. it rained and it was a little chilly, but weddings are always beautiful no matter what the weather is like, am i right? i had fun with denise all weekend, pretty much. talking, drinking... ya' know. :)

i turned in my keys last week. i feel a little sad, but mostly relieved. and i'm only sad because i gave over a year of my life to grow that team and all i got was thrown under the bus and then found out no one really trusted me after all. that is why i am relieved. the Lord has funny ways of sanctifying his children. it was not only sanctifying but it really helped me refocus. as much as i liked working in salons the past 6 or something years, i really would rather be singing and playing and using all the skills, connections, and contacts i have to do what i love! not that i ever really forgot or anything, just made me realize how important it really is to me. it's more important than wasting another year of my life trying to make something a part of my life when it shouldn't be. more important than satisfying the stereotype and choosing an 'acceptable'  or 'real' profession.

for example, when i was little i wanted to be jodi benson when i grew up (when i grow up, hehe). jodi benson was (she might still be, i don't know) a voice actor for disney and sang christian children's music. she was ariel. once i realized ariel wasn't actually a real person, i decided that i wanted to sing all those super cool songs for princesses in disney movies. how sweet of a job is that?!

but when you're in public school and you're asked to write about what you want to do when you grow up and get a job, my choice of voice actor (i'm pretty sure i said ariel's voice) or singer was usually countered with something like, "what about being a teacher or a chef?" no wonder i have had crazy mad career identity crises over the past 2 years!

that's my rant. my parent's have always been supportive and loved that i love music so much. i do wish though that my first year at UNT they would've allowed me to work with that producer in nashville. then maybe i wouldn't have had to deal with the past 2 nightmare jobs i've had. BUT God's plan is perfect and whatever he wanted me to learn/deal with/overcome, he wanted me to do it there.


SURPRISE!!!! i have a new google predictive text list for you! this week's list begins with "how is..."
1. how is babby formed? (that is not a typo)
2. how is hiv transmitted? (how sad is it that this is a common google topic?)
3. how is the world going to end?
4. how is the duggar baby doing? (these people need to quit having kids)
5. how is glass made?

what did you want to be when you grew up?

10 comments:

  1. Hahah Here's another list for you: "Why..."

    1. Why do men have nipples
    2. Why are black people so loud (a repeat of a former list...)
    3. Why is the sky blue
    4. Why can't I own a Canadian (LOVE this one)
    5. Why is my poop green (WAYY to much information!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. here is my list:

    1.BAHAHAHAHAH!!!! Kelley! why can't I own a canadian?! HAHAHAHAHA!!! if i ever get to own one, can i pick you?? :) hahaha
    2.Jen, to answer your question... Mariah Carey. DUH!
    "YOU've got me feelin' e-mo-tions!!!"
    3.come have lunch with me today :)
    4.give me a dollar.

    ReplyDelete
  3. hahaha you guys are awesome.

    p.s. denise, i would fight you for kelley to be my canadian. fyi.

    ReplyDelete
  4. My entire life had been a career crisis... even when I was little... a teacher, a ballerina, a famous choreographer... an artist, an inspirational speaker... a cake decorator...

    ReplyDelete
  5. a banker...also, i want kelley holding the dollar...so i win!

    ReplyDelete
  6. dang it! Lynn! that's MY DOLLAR!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Haha apparently as the most sought-after Canadian, the dollar belongs to ME!

    ReplyDelete
  8. HEY! I WROTE THE POST, without which there would be no hypothetical dollar! the dollar is mine. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. hey, wait... WHO'S THE ONE WHO ASKED FOR THE DOLLAR IN THE FIRST PLACE?! oh, wait, IT WAS MEEEEEEEE!!!!
    For all of that nonsense? Every one of you: Give me a dollar. :) I accept cash, credit, and check. thank you for your time.

    p.s. jen, what the heck, it says you just wrote a post, and now it says it doesn't exist... did you delete it? "WHA-HAPPENED??" (name that movie)

    ReplyDelete
  10. its because it was a mean one. so i took it off. i'll write a new one soon. just for you.

    ReplyDelete